What is CQC/HIS/HIW compliant healthcare cleaning?
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator of health and social care in England. Under Regulation 15 of the Health and Social Care Act 2008, providers must ensure that the service they are providing is safe and ensure the welfare of its users. This includes mitigating the risk of the spread of germs, bacteria, viruses and infections.
In Scotland and Wales, Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS) and Healthcare Inspectorate Wales (HIW) fulfil this role on behalf of the devolved administrations applying slightly different criteria.
HOW CAN GCC HELP YOU COMPLY WITH YOUR CQC/HIS/HIW OBLIGATIONS?
All cleaners and contractors employed by GCC are trained to CQC standards and clean in accordance with Regulation 15. This means that they have completed GCC’s in-house, British Institute Of Cleaning Science (BICSc) aligned training course. This includes modules covering Health & Safety, COSHH, correct use of RAMS (risk assessments and method statements), NHS colour coded cleaning techniques and environmental training.
We adhere to the NHS colour coding and follow the necessary protocols when it comes to cleaning across different zones.
Alongside this cleaning, we provide all the auditable documents required for CQC, HIS or HIW audits including:
- Detailed site specification and cleaning schedule
- Tick sheet books to demonstrate that regular cleaning and deep cleaning has been carried out
- RAMS documentation (risk assessments and method statements)
- COSHH data sheets for chemicals specified in RAMS and used on site
- DBS and Enhanced DBS certification for our cleaning teams as required