The management of GCC Facilities Management plc recognises that the day-to-day operations can impact both directly and indirectly on the environment. We aim to protect and improve the environment through good management and by adopting best practice wherever possible. We will work to integrate environmental considerations into our business decisions and adopt greener alternatives wherever possible, throughout our operations.
In order to discharge its responsibilities the management will:
- bring this Environmental Policy Statement to the attention of all stakeholders
- carry out regular audits of the environmental management system
- comply fully with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice and regulations at International, National and Local levels
- eliminate risks to the environment, where possible, through selection and design of materials, buildings, facilities, equipment and processes
- ensure that emergency procedures are in place at all locations for dealing with environmental issues
- establish targets to measure the continuous improvement in our environmental performance
- identify and manage environmental risks and hazards
- improve the environmental efficiency of our transport and travel
- involve customers, partners, clients, suppliers and subcontractors in the implementation of our objectives
- minimise waste and increase recycling within the framework of our waste management procedures
- only engage contractors who are able to demonstrate due regard to environmental matters
- prevent pollution to land, air and water
- promote environmentally responsible purchasing
- provide adequate resources to control environmental risks arising from our work activities
- provide suitable training to enable employees to deal with their specific areas of environmental control
- reduce the use of water, energy and any other natural resources
- source materials from sustainable supply, when practicable.
This Environmental Policy will be reviewed at least annually and revised as necessary to reflect changes to the business activities and any changes to legislation. Any changes to the Policy will be brought to the attention of all stakeholders.