GCC’s existing partnership relationships with Bothongo Hygiene (previously Healthguard Hygiene), Imperial Chemicals and Lyreco ensure continuity of supply of cleaning chemicals and consumables and priority access to new developments such as EN14476 compliant (COVID-killer) products.
GCC can supply its four own-brand chemicals which are used:
- Hygienic Hard Surface Cleaner
- Kitchen Antibacterial Cleaner
- Toilet Cleaner and Descaler
- Glass and Stainless Steel Cleaner
Full details of all four chemicals including risk assessments and COSHH data sheets are included in a ‘GCC Site Book’ which is provided to every site that GCC services. If any additional chemicals that are required, GCC will provide full details and propose their use to the client at the appropriate time.
GCC’s chemicals, packaging and mode of delivery have been developed to be as sustainable as commercially viable.
- There is no use of aerosols which use Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) as propellants.
- There is no use of products which are purely cosmetic and have no hygienic purpose such as air fresheners.
- All GCC chemicals are clearly labelled with usage and dosage instructions to help to avoid using more than is necessarily required.
- A ‘pelican’ pump-action dispenser is used with concentrate containers to ensure correct dilution ratios and minimise wastage.
- GCC uses refillable pump action (also called trigger action) sprays in preference to aerosols.
All GCC chemical containers are reusable and recyclable. Notwithstanding this, GCC disposes of any waste (arisings) generated on the Customer’s premises during the delivery of cleaning services as required by the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and implemented by the Environmental Protection (Duty of Care) Regulations 1991.